The Section 3 Data Shards predominantly took place across the HaloWaypoint forums. The puzzles were designed to be colourful, attractive and relatively easy to solve without access to technical tools or programming knowledge. Players were encouraged to ask for hints and interact with the puzzle team; sometimes the players would even become a part of the puzzle's story!
343 Industries were looking for a way to disseminate Xbox Live Avatar codes and promote the game Spartan Assault to the Halo community and so we created the Data Shards to faciliate this in intriguing ways. The limitations of the forum software meant we had to think very creatively for each puzzle.
- Xbox Live Avatar Prizes.
- Engaging puzzles & discussions.
- An exciting way to dip a toe into ciphers and steganography!
- A shared community experience.
Spartan Assault Advertisement — YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Section 3 Data Shards. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
- 343 Industries
- Makers of the Halo game series. 343industries.com.
About Reclaimer Games
- Transmedia & Interactive experience specialists; proud member of the Biome Collective. Reclaimer Games seeks to tell stories in engaging and interesting ways to help draw people into worlds and communities.
- More information
- More information on Reclaimer Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Section 3 Data Shards Credits
- Designer & Programmer